Learn how to make delicious alfajores, a traditional Latin American sweet treat. Find the recipe, instructions, preparation and cooking times below.
Let's get started!
Classic Alfajores Recipe
Cooking Time: 10-12 minutes per batch
Yield: About 18 alfajores
Preparation Time: Approximately 20 minutes
- 160g butter
- 200g white sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 480g M&M premium flour blend
- 200g M&M Dulce de Leche spread
- 50g organic shredded coconut
- Cream the butter, sugar and vanilla in a food processor, hand mixer or by hand.
- Add the eggs one by one until fully integrated
Incorporate M&M flour blend in thirds with a wooden spoon or spatula until forming a loose dough.
- Bring the dough onto the counter and knead lightly into a flat circle and cover in a beeswax wrap or (biodegradable) cling film.
- Refrigerate the dough for at least 1 hour
- Once cooled, flatten the dough to 2-3mm thick and cut the round cookies
- Place cookies on unbleached parchment paper and bake in the oven at 170C until borders are golden (time may vary per oven)
- Remove from oven and rest them until cold
- Spread the bottom half of one biscuit with dulce de leche (about a teaspoon), sandwich together with another biscuit and roll in the coconut.
We hope you have a fantastic time baking your own alfajores.
Remember to tag us on your pictures and we will showcase them with our community.
Happy baking and enjoy every mouthful of these delicious treats!